Starting a food service in CA
by KMF, Window Shopper
- Created: October 6, 2009, 5:10 pm
Hello and thanks for reading, this is an incredible website and all of you are so helpful to answer the questions posted.
A friend and I are ready to register, license and begin operating our scone business in California and I had a few questions. Our initial goals are to sell legally at farmers markets/festivals/vend through coffee shops, etc. Opening a store ourselves is an ultimate goal, but not something we can afford at the moment. Those things in mind:
1) What is the process in either registering or licensing our company, in order to be legal in the eyes of the city, county, and state? If we could be pointed to the specific paperwork that would be incredible.
2) Is it true that if we simply put a 'TM' next to any/all logo materials, this acts as a temporary trademark protection?
3) Does registering/licensing the company automatically protect our name and logo?
4) If we wanted to start cooking in a commercial kitchen tomorrow, and appear legally in public next week, what specifically should be done?
Again, thanks so much for the information. We've done a significant amount of web research, but it either seems to go in circles, does not provide a phone number to talk to a human, or is just a bit too confusing.
- Community Home
- Discussion Boards
- Tell Us...
- Discuss Popular Topics
- Developer Resources
- Social Media