You are here
Commercial Food Service Equipment
When you think of commercial food service equipment (CFSE), you probably think of restaurants, however CFSE is present in a variety of other facilities as well.
Facilities where CFSE may be found include:
Public assembly, sports and entertainment facilities
If you operate a facility that serves food, there may be opportunities for saving energy and money from efficient CFSE equipment. CFSE is often the source of considerable energy and water consumption in a facility. ENERGY STAR has developed qualifications that identify some of the most efficient commercial food service equipment. ENERGY STAR qualified CFSE includes gas and electric deep fryers, hot food holding cabinets, gas and electric steam cookers, and commercial solid door refrigerators and freezers.
ENERGY STAR has developed a Commercial Food Service Equipment Incentive Finder. This tool provides information about rebates for ENERGY STAR qualified CFSE that are available from utilities and other energy-efficiency program sponsors.
To learn about CFSE and other product energy-efficiency opportunities visit ENERGY STAR: Restaurants.
For detailed information on specific commercial food service equipment visit the following:
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Products: Commercial Fryers
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Products: Commercial Steam Cookers
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Products: Commercial Hot Food Holding Cabinets
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Products: Commercial Solid Door Refrigerators and Freezers
- Consortium For Energy Efficiency's Commercial Programs: Commercial Refrigerators and Freezers
- Consortium For Energy Efficiency's Commercial Programs: Commercial Ice-makers
- Food Service Technology Center's Commercial Kitchen Appliance Technology Assessment
- Food Service Technology Center's Design Guides
Produced in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration, Business Gateway and ENERGY STAR®