Demographics are the characteristics of a human population. This information is often used by small business owners to conduct research into where opportunities exist within their market and in developing appropriate business and marketing strategies to target customers. Use the statistical resources below to help you find out more about the U.S. population and uncover information that can be used in your business research efforts.
- Provides access to a wealth of population, housing, economic and geographic data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Provides frequently requested Census Bureau information at the national, state, county and city levels.
- Shares information gathered in a monthly survey of about 50,000 households conducted by the Bureau of the Census for the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Makes data that has been collected by BLS available for specific demographic categories including sex, age, race and ethnic origin.
- Offers fact sheets for all demographic groups including women and young people.
- Gives access to facts about people, business and geography.