Jump to Main Content
USA flagAn Official Website of the United States Government

Do I have the right to sue for damages?


You may sue a CRA, a user or -- in some cases -- a provider of CRA data, in state or federal court for most violations of the FCRA. If you win, the defendant will have to pay damages and reimburse you for attorney fees to the extent ordered by the court.