You are here
On-Line Government Contracting Training in September 2014
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is funding 12 online training sessions to help socially and economically disadvantaged individuals learn about how to bid and manage federal government contracts. The program is available to individuals that qualify for SBA's 7(j) program.
Here is how it works:
Just like a class you’d attend in person, courses are taught by a live instructor on a scheduled day and time. The Web-enabled Instructor-Led training experience has much in common with the classroom equivalent. Students:
- Receive course materials in advance
- Participate in real time using a broadband connection
- Interact directly with the instructor and their peers
From your computer, you’ll link to an instructor in a live, real-time, interactive learning experi-ence. You’ll become part of a virtual classroom where you can ask questions, seek guidance and participate in class discussions and small group exercises. Session times listed below are in Central Time (CDT):
- Understanding RFPs (Request for Proposals): September 8, 2014 from 2:00—3:00 pm CDT
- Government Contract Vehicles: September 8, 2014 from 2:00-4:00 pm CDT
- Developing Technical and Past Performance Volumes in Response to RFPs: Sept. 9 & 23, 2014, 12:00-3:00 pm CDT
- Developing Pricing and the Cost Proposal in Response to RFPs: September 10 & 24, 2014 from 12:00-2:00 pm CDT
- Special Topics for Construction Management: September 11, 2014 from 12:00-2:00 pm CDT
- Capture Management: September 12, 2014 from 12:00-3:00 pm CDT
- Federal Contracting Basics: September 15, 2014 from 12:00-3:00 pm CDT
- Managing and Administrating Government Contracts: September 16, 2014 from 12:00-3:00 pm CDT
- Audits and Accounting Systems: September 17, 2014 from 12:00-4:00 pm CDT
- Marketing to the Government Buyer: September 18, 2014 from 12:00-3:00 pm CDT
- Government Contract Negotiations: September 22, 2014 from 12:00-4:00 pm CDT
- Developing and Managing Contractor Teams: September 25, 2014 from 12:00-4:00 pm CDT
Seats are limited! Self-Certification of 7(j) Eligibility Required. The eligibility includes firms that are owned by one of the following:
- a socially and economi-cally disadvantaged individual whose firm may or may not be a participant in the 8(a) Business Development Program;
- a firm located in a high unemployment or low income area, as de-fined in the U.S. Census Bureau's County and City Data Book and in the Poverty Guidelines issued by the U.S. De-partment of Health and Human Services (HHS);
- a firm owned by a low-income individual, as defined in under HHS Poverty Guidelines.
Training is provided by Stover & Associates, Inc.
For Course Details and to Register click HERE or go to: https://stoverteam.adobeconnect.com/admin/show-event-catalog?folder-id=1233023668
There is no cost for 7(j) eligible businesses. Workshop information: Call Phyllis Embree or Chris Strudthoff at (770) 423-9888 or email: email@example.com. To find your local SBA Office, visit: www.sba.gov/sba-direct
This activity is funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) contract number SBAHQ-13-C-0025. SBA’s funding is not an endorsement of the contractor or any products, opinions or services. All SBA Programs and services are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Reasonable arrangement for persons with disabilities will be made if re-quested at least two weeks in advance.