You are here
Timeline for nominations of SBA awards finalized
RICHMOND, Va. – The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Richmond District Office has finalized the timeline for awards nominations for national and district level awards for the 2014 Small Business Week.
Anyone advocating small business including self-nominators may submit nomination packets. General and submission information about the national awards program are found at http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/.
The deadline for submitting national awards is January 17, 2014 or delivered to the Richmond District Office by 4p.m. The deadline for the Richmond District Office awards is February 7, 2014.
Categories for national SBA awards are the following:
- National Small Business Person of the Year (chosen from among state award winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam)
- Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery)
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program)
- Exporter of the Year
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers)
- Women’s Business Center (WBCs) of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded WBCs)
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers)
National winners will be invited to attend events during the 2014 National Small Business Week in Washington, D.C.
The Richmond District Office will award the following categories:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Family-Owned Business of the Year
- Minority Small Business of the Year
- Financial Services Champion
- Veteran’s Small Business Champion
- Women in Business Champion
District level winners will receive their awards at the annual Virginia Small Business Week awards luncheon scheduled for the Richmond area in May 2014. Additional tickets will be available for purchase by supporters of small business, the business community and the general public.
Packets can be delivered or sent to the Richmond District Office located at 400 N. 8th Street, Suite 1150 Richmond, VA 23219.
The point of contact for nominations is Matthew Nowak at 804-771-2400 x128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #