You are here
North Dakota SBA Seeks 2014 Award Nominations
FARGO - The North Dakota District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration is seeking nominations for its 2014 National Small Business Week Awards. The SBA will recognize honorees in the following categories at award events throughout the state next spring:
- North Dakota Small Business Person of the Year
- North Dakota Small Business Exporter of the Year
The SBA encourages nominations from fellow business owners, lenders, Chambers of Commerce, economic developers, trade associations and other members of the community. A business owner may also nominate themselves.
"There are many success stories in the North Dakota small business community," says Michael Gallagher, SBA's North Dakota District Director. "It is our privilege to honor these local entrepreneurs for their contributions to our communities and to our economy."
For more than 50 years, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America's small businesses. North Dakota award recipients will be considered for awards at the national level and winners will be announced during National Small Business Week - May 12-16, 2014.
In addition to the North Dakota awards listed above, the following regional and national awards are also open to nominations:
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery
- Federal Procurement Award - Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Federal Procurement Award - Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Federal Procurement Award - Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
- Women's Business Center of Excellence Award
Nominations can be submitted online at http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov. Nominations can also be mailed or delivered to one of SBA's North Dakota offices: the North Dakota District Office at 657 2nd Avenue North, Room 218, Fargo, ND 58108; the Bismarck Area Office at 1200 Memorial Highway, Bismarck, ND 58504; or the Grand Forks Area Office at 102 North 4th Street, Suite 104, Grand Forks, ND 58203. Nominations must be submitted, postmarked or hand delivered to the SBA no later than January 17, 2014.
For nomination guidelines, visit SBA's National Small Business Week website at http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov or contact Brittany Sickler in the North Dakota District Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (701) 293-5131 x.208.
# # #