You are here
SBA Announces South Carolina Small Business Person of the Year Finalists
The SBA South Carolina District Office announces the following finalists for the 2013 South Carolina Small Business Person of the Year award:
- Murray Compton, President, Appalachian Springs, LLC in North Charleston;
- Shannon Ellis, Owner, Ellis Management (d.b.a. The Willcox) in Aiken;
- Jerry Ellison, President and CEO, JBE Incorporated in Hartsville;
- Noah Leask, President and CEO, Ishpi Information Technologies, Inc. in Mount Pleasant; and
- Louis Lynn, President and CEO, ENVIRO AgScience in Columbia.
The SBA will announce the state’s 2013 Small Business Person of the Year winner later this month. At that time, the SBA will also announce the winners of its new South Carolina Small Business & Advocacy Awards competition. The South Carolina Small Business Person of the Year winner will go on to compete for the national title during National Small Business Week, which runs June 17-21 this year. For more information on National Small Business Week, visit www.sba.gov/nsbw.
All South Carolina award winners will be honored on Thursday, May 23, at the 2013 Salute to Small Business event in Columbia presented by the SBA, the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce and the South Carolina Coalition for Small Business and Entrepreneurship. In addition to the awards ceremony, the Salute will also include a small business procurement matchmaker, exhibitors and a dedicated networking space. For more information on the Salute event, visit scsalutetosmallbiz.com.