You are here
SBA Day At The Ballpark Ceremony Celebrates Eastern Penn.’s 2014 Small Business Award Winners
PHILADELPHIA – The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Philadelphia District Office celebrates its 2014 Small Business Week Award Winners at the annual “SBA Day at the Ballpark” event on June 12. SBA mid-Atlantic Regional Administrator Natalia Olson-Urtecho and Philadelphia District Director David Dickson present the awards with Philadelphia’s NBC10 anchor and consumer reporter Tracy Davidson The event is open to the media.
The awards ceremony begins at 10 a.m. June 12 with a luncheon at the “XFINITY Live! Philadelphia” restaurant at 1100 Pattison Ave.
“As a regional and local recognition of the Presidentially-designated National Small Business Week award winners, this event recognizes the achievements of small business and its advocates in eastern Pennsylvania,” said Olson-Urtecho, who will also be the event’s keynote speaker. “Every year the award winners honored at this event have truly distinguished themselves and represent the very best that the eastern Pennsylvania small business community has to offer.”
Businesses being honored at the 2014 Eastern Pennsylvania Small Business Awards event:
- Philadelphia District Small Business Person of the Year: Maria Frizelle Roberts, President and CEO, MFR Consultants, Inc., of Philadelphia; nominated by Robin Booth, President of Booth Management Consulting.
- *Small Business Exporter of the Year Award: EcoTech Marine International, Inc., Allentown, Pa., Patrick L. Clasen, Director of Finance; Justin Lawyer, Director of Research and Development; Timothy M. Marks, Director of Manufacturing, nominated by Cora Landis, Program Director, International Trade Development Program, Lehigh University SBDC. *Philadelphia District and Mid-Atlantic Region Winner
- *8A Graduate Of The Year: Irving W. McConnell, CEO, The McConnell Group (TMG), Rockville, Md. *Philadelphia District and Mid-Atlantic Region Winner
- Philadelphia District Family-Owned Business of the Year Award: Community Marketing Concepts, Philadelphia, Linda Chandler, President and CEO, nominated by James Sanders, Director, Minority Business Development Agency’s (MDBA) Business Center Of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia District Minority Small Business of the Year: Michael A. Brown, President & CEO, Environmental Construction Services, Inc. of Philadelphia, nominated by Marsha Levell, Alumni & Business Support Manager, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, Community College Of Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia District Veteran Small Business Person of the Year: Sam Coyl, President, Netrepid, Inc., Enola, Pa., nominated by Melissa N. McLaughlin, Director of Business Finance, Harrisburg Regional Chamber of Commerce & CREDC.
- Philadelphia District Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year: Charliene A. Magaro, owner, Char’s – Tracy Mansion restaurant, Harrisburg, Pa., nominated by Marie Shires, Vice Pres., the Pennsylvania Community Development & Finance Corp and Michele Light, Senior Vice Pres., MileStone Bank.
Every year since 1963, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from across the nation through National Small Business Week with events across the country to engage the small business community and highlight their importance as innovators and job creators who strengthen the nation’s economy.
To request an interview or photographs, please contact Robert Goza, SBA’s Public Information Officer in the Philadelphia District Office, at 610-382-3084 or email@example.com.