SBA Extends Award Nomination Deadline through January 31
The SBA has extended the deadline for the 2013 small business awards through Thursday, January 31. Major awards include:
- Small Business Person of the Year,
- Small Business Exporter of the Year,
- South Carolina Family Business of the Year,
- South Carolina Young Entrepreneur of the Year (under 30),
- South Carolina Minority Small Business Advocate of the Year,
- South Carolina Veteran Entrepreneurship Advocate of the Year, and
- South Carolina Women in Business Advocate of the Year.
Submission instructions, eligibility information and evaluation criteria are available in the 2013 SBA Award Nomination Guidelines document at the bottom of this page. Specific guidelines on the Young Entrepreneur, Family Business and three Advocacy awards--part of the new South Carolina Small Business & Advocacy Awards--are also available at http://www.sba.gov/about-offices-content/2/3145/news/359521.
South Carolina award winners will be notified in March and announced in early April. The SBA will honor the South Carolina winners on May 23 at the Salute to Small Business in Columbia. In addition, the winner of the Small Business Person of the Year award will represent South Carolina at the SBA's 2013 Small Business Week celebration in Washington, D.C.
For more information, contact Anna Huntley at email@example.com.