You are here
SBA’s Online Portal Now Accepting 2014 National Small Business Week Awards Nominations
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Small Business Administration’s online portal is ready to accept nominations for its 2014 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year award.
Now in its second year, the dedicated web portal http://nationalsmallbusinessweek.sba.gov/ has made it easier to submit and track submissions of nominees for National Small Business Week.
"There are many outstanding entrepreneurs and small business advocates within SBA South Florida’s 24-county district. This annual awards program is our way of recognizing that excellence,” said SBA South Florida District Director Francisco “Pancho” Marrero. “The revised online portal is an excellent way for nominating a south Florida business person for a national award. District and Florida small business award guidelines will be announced soon.”
Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy. For over 50 years, SBA will continue its tradition in honoring the nation’s 28 million small businesses.
SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week include the following awards:
• National Small Business Person of the Year (chosen from among state award winners from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam)
• Phoenix Awards (recognizing outstanding accomplishments during disaster recovery)
• Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
• Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
• The Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence (recognizes large prime contractors who have used small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
• SBA 8(a) Graduate of the Year (for recent graduates of the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program)
• Exporter of the Year
• Small Business Development Center (SBDC)Excellence and Innovation Award (nominations of SBA-funded SBDC Service Centers)
• Women’s Business Center (WBCs) of Excellence Award (nominations of SBA-funded WBCs)
• Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award (nominations of SBA-funded Veterans Business Outreach Centers)
In addition to the portal, south Florida nominations can also be sent directly to SBA South Florida
District Office at: 100 South Biscayne Blvd. Seventh Floor, Miami FL 33131. All nominations must be submitted online, postmarked or hand delivered to the SBA no later than the end of the day, Friday, Jan. 17, 2014.
Winners of the Small Business Person of the Year award and other award categories will be invited to Washington, D.C., in 2014 to compete for national titles and to attend National Small Business Week events.
# # #