SBA Participating Event
Aug 28
NOTE: This event has expired.

SAM Registration Hands-on Workshop


August 28, 2014 | 5:00 pm CDT - 7:00 pm CDT

Location Name:
Good Work Network

2028 Oretha C. Haley Blvd., Conference Room, New Orleans, LA,70113

Jo Ann Lawrence

Good Work Network

This is a free event.

All contractors wishing to do business with most all federal agencies are required to register in the SAM. This is done by first creating an account. The registration must then be renewed and/or updated annually. It is very important that the information entered into SAM be accurate, detailed, current and complete. Participants can bring their laptops or work from computers provided. IMPORTANT: BECAUSE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO VERIFY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, YOU MUST BE ABLE TO ACCESS YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT. To complete the SAM Registration, you will need: 1. Your company D&B (Dun and Bradstreet) DUNS number. If you do not have a DUNS Number, you can request your DUNS number online at Process”. If you prefer, you can call D&B at (800) 333-0505 or (866) 705-5711 to request your DUNS Number. NOTE: You do not have to pay to request/receive a DUNS number from D&B. 2. Your company Tax Identification Number (TIN)/Employer Identification Number (EIN). If you do not have your EIN you can apply online at and click “Apply for an EIN Online”. This is a free service offered by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). If you have questions regarding your EIN, please call IRS at 800-829-1040. 3. Your company Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGE Code). The CAGE Code is a five-character ID number used extensively within the federal government, assigned by the Department of Defense’s Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The CAGE code is used to support a variety of mechanized systems throughout the government and provides a standardized method of identifying a given facility at a specific location. The code may be used for a facility clearance or a pre-award survey. If you do not have a CAGE code, one will be automatically assigned to you as a part of your entity's registration in SAM. 4. Your banking information. All payments made by the Federal Government are now made by way of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). a. ABA Routing Number for your bank b. Account Number and Type, or Lockbox Number c. Automated Clearing House (ACH) point of contact d. Remittance point of contact e. Accounts Receivable point of contact It is important that you verify these numbers with your financial institution before registration in SAM. 5. Statistical Information about your business You will be required to provide: a. The receipts of your firm (Average Annual Receipts for the past three years, including all affiliates). b. The number of employees of your firm (Average Number of Employees including all affiliates: The average number of persons employed for each pay period over the firm's latest 12 months, including persons employed by the parent organization, all branches, and all affiliates) At the end of your SAM registration there will be an opportunity to “Register or Update your SBA Profile.” This is a separate database than the SAM database and a place where all Small Business firms want to be sure and get registered. SBA’s DSBS is a site that most all Federal Contracting Activities as well Large Business Prime Contractors use for market research when looking for a particular small business firm or sector of small business firms when making decisions on whether or not to use small business set asides. Be sure to complete this section in full detail to include the “Capabilities Narrative.”