You've embarked on the incredible journey of starting your own business. Your business plan has been completed, and a top notch attorney has helped you set-up the business structure most beneficial for your type of business. A prime location and space for your business has been selected, and you're ready to launch. There's just one little thing - insurance. You have no idea what type or types of insurance coverage you need, and furthermore, all of the information your friends or family members are telling you about insurance is confusing, and you suspect, may not be accurate. This course discusses the following:
-Why you need insurance?
-What is the difference between 1st party and 3rd party insurance coverage?
-What are the different types of insurance coverage that are common for business owners?
-Why you should select some of the "optional" coverage options that are available?
-How to find the right business insurance agent
-Common "myths" about insurance?
-Additional resources to get more information on business insurance coverage for your particular business sector
Free workshop Thursdays are offered on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of each month. Classes held on the 2nd Thursday of the month are online webinars only. Classes on the 4th Thursday of the month are held in our Seattle office.
Registered attendees will receive an email the day of the event that will contain login information as well as assistance with troubleshooting and links to the presentation slides.
The following is a list of other Free Workshop Thursday events this month:
Live webinar | August 10 | 9 - 10:30 a.m. | Make the World's Biggest Buyer Your Customer through Government Contracting
Live webinar | August 10 | 12:30 - 1 p.m. | Demystifying Business Insurance
Live webinar | August 10 | 2:15 -3:45 p.m. | DIY Market Research with the U.S. Census Bureau
Seattle | August 24 | 9 – 10:30 a.m. | Meet the Lenders: How to Finance Your Small Business
Seattle | August 24 | 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Your Business Plan: Do the Financials Add Up?
Seattle | August 24 | 1 – 2:30 p.m. | Best Financial Practices for Your Business
We urge you to prepare in advance for the conference (for all devices):
To view supported Operating Systems and devices:
Virtual login Instructions:
1. Log on to: https://connectmeeting.att.com
2. Enter Meeting number: 8888582144
3. Enter Access code: 9628052
4. Enter your Email address and name
5. Choose Participant
6. Select the recommended Windows-based application. Selecting the web-based application will affect your ability to properly view the slides. Continue to follow any additional prompts
7. Using your phone call: 1-888-858-2144
8. When prompted enter the access code: 9628052
9. Join as a participant
If you experience problems logging into the webinar we strongly encourage you to:
1. Contact AT&T support to speak with an agent who can help you get connected. The customer support phone number is 1-888-796-6118
2. You can always dial into the webinar by phone (only) at: 1-888-858-2144 and enter access code 9628052 to listen and follow along using the slides that are available for download at: https://www.sba.gov/offices/district/wa/seattle/resources/workshop-handouts