Money Smart for Small Business is a non-commercial curriculum targeted to help new and aspiring entrepreneurs learn the basics to organizing and managing a small business. Workshops are FREE of charge.
While small business owners may be well versed in the technical and procedural aspects of their businesses, they often lack sufficient knowledge of the management aspects of their businesses. As a result, many small businesses fail, not because the small business owner is not a talented practitioner of his or her trade, but because he or she is ill-equipped to handle the day-to-day management aspects of the business. The purpose of the SBA-FDIC Money Smart for Business is to provide small business owners or entrepreneurs considering establishing a small business with a basic understanding of the management aspects of running a small business.
Risk Management - After completing part of the workshop, you will be able to:
• Identify the common risks relevant to a small business.
• Identify the common warning signs of risk for a small business.
• Implement, monitor, and evaluate a risk management plan for their business.
Insurance - After completing part of the workshop, you will be able to:
• Understand why insurance is needed for a small business,
• Identify other types of insurance that a small business should consider,
• Explain how to choose the insurance products that are best for your business.
Workshops are accepted as Continuing Education Units for COJ JSEB Program.