You are here
The Connecticut District Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's many programs and services in all of Connecticut. Counties include: Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, Tolland and Windham. The main office is located in Hartford with a field office based in Bridgeport.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders. Working through over 70 local lenders, borrowers can obtain SBA guarantees on their loans. For more information, call (860) 240-4894.
- Free counseling, advice and information on starting, better operating or expanding a small business through the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE), Small Business Development Centers (SBDC) and Women's Business Centers (WBC). They also conduct training events throughout the district - some require a nominal registration fee.
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the Business Development Program. For additional information contact our Business Development Staff at (860) 240-4892 or can also e-mail Lisa.Powell@sba.gov.
- A Women's Business Ownership Representative is available to assist women business owners. Please contact Moraima Gutierrez at (860) 240-4654 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade. We make special effort to provide programs to women, minorities, veterans and businesses involved in international trade. For additional information on these special emphasis areas, call us at (860) 264-4672.
- A Veterans Affairs Officer is available to assist veterans. Please contact Frank Alvarado at (203) 335-0427 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.