ATLANTA – The U.S. Small Business Administration recognized 14 small businesses in the SBA Emerging Leaders graduation ceremony today at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia. The SBA Emerging Leaders initiative is a federal training initiative that specifically focuses on executives of businesses poised for growth in historically challenged communities. The initiative provides these executives with the organizational framework, resource network, and motivation required to build sustainable businesses and promote the economic development within urban communities.
“Atlanta is one of 27 cities selected to participate in Emerging Leaders, and this year marks the seventh year for Atlanta to receive funding for this valuable program,” said Terri Denison, SBA Georgia District Director. “Participating in this program affords business owners the opportunity to work on their businesses as well as in them.”
Through the Emerging Leaders initiative, the SBA has identified urban-based business owners across the country with high growth potential and immersed them in a condensed, MBA-like curriculum designed to enhance their business savvy and experience. The six-month training program provides those business owners with the network, resources and motivation required to build a sustainable business - both in size and scale. As part of the curriculum each participant has designed a three year strategic growth plan.
Graduating businesses recognized for completing the program include:
- Medical Aid Supply House - Jeong Woo
- Anthony & Associates, Inc. - Michelle Anthony
- Integrated Office Solutions, Inc. - Alphonzo Henderson
- CATMEDIA - Catherine Downey
- Underdue Social Services, Inc. - Kimberly Underdue
- K. E. Greene Mechanical/Hydronics - Carolyn Greene
- Bluestor Networks - Patrick Cash
- Atlanta Closet & Storage Solutions - David Buchsbaum
- Eastside Travel & Transport, LLC - Malamin Darbo
- Top Docs, Inc. - Sue Hitchcock
- Renue Systems - Anne Krajewski
- Integrated Services Solutions, LLC - Vincent Guthrie
- Synergy Development Partners, LLC - Ralph Phillips
- Healthy Hair Journey Enterprises, LLC - Willie Cartwright
For more information on the program, contact Dorothy Atkins at the SBA Georgia District Office at (404) 331-0100 ext. 305 or visit the SBA website at: www.sba.gov/emergingleaders.