You are here
Since 1953, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has provided access to capital, small business support, economic development, and job creation for small businesses. The Indiana District Office delivers a variety of programs and services to the Hoosier State’s 92 counties, including startup and operational assistance through training and counseling; financial assistance; and business opportunities, such as government contracting, subcontracting, and procurement.
Helping Businesses Start, Grow, and Succeed
- In FY2016, SBA guaranteed 1498 loans to Indiana small businesses for over $516 million through the 7(a) and 504 loan programs, including 513 loans to startups. SBA micro-lenders also provided 116 loans totaling over $2.1 million, including 51 startups. There are 150 active SBA lenders statewide, including banks, credit unions, and community-based lenders. Current lending activity.
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses is available through federally guaranteed loans made by area lenders. For more information, and to learn about free in-person and online training opportunities for businesses just starting out, contact Ronda Crouch , Economic Development Specialist, at (317)226-7272 Ext. 112.
- Support for small businesses, including training classes, mentoring, and counseling, is also available through a network of partner organizations. These organizations, resource partners, are located throughout the state at 10 SCORE chapter offices, 10 Indiana Small Business Development Centers, and two Women’s Business Centers; the Central Indiana Women’s Business Center located in Indianapolis and the Women’s Economic Opportunity Center in Fort Wayne.
- If you are a veteran or service-disabled veteran, SBA has resources to help you start and grow your small business. For more information, contact Peter Smith, Veteran Business Development Officer at 317-226-7272 ext. 119.
- Banks, credit unions, and community based lenders who have questions or need training on SBA lending can contact Eric Armacost , Lead Lender Relations Specialist, at 317-226-7272 ext. 120.
- Specialized loans are available for businesses interested in exporting their goods outside of the United States. For more information, contact Eric Armacost , Lead Lender Relations Specialist, at 317-226-7272 ext. 120.
- The government purchases approximately $90 billion in goods and services annually from small businesses. If you are interested in learning how to sell your products or services to the Federal government, contact Marty Anderson, Deputy District Director at 317-226-7272 ext. 111