You are here
About the Kentucky District Office
About the Kentucky District Office
The District Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's programs and services throughout Kentucky.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders. The Kentucky District Office has seen a significant increase in SBA guaranteed loans over the years to small businesses across the Commonwealth. For more information about the SBA 7(a) Loan Program, 504 Loan Program or the Microloan Program, including a list of SBA Preferred Lenders in Kentucky, contact Phil Danhauer, Kentucky District Office Chief of Finance, at 502.582.5971, Ext. 243 or by email at email@example.com.
- SBA lenders in Kentucky can get answers to their questions by calling Dana Boyd Winston, Lender Relations Specialist, at 502.582.5971, Ext. 227, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the Minority Business Development Program. You may contact Robert Coffey, the 8(a) Program Specialist, by email at email@example.com or call 502.582.5971, Ext. 266. There are also many Contract Opportunities for small businesses, and you may contact Robert Coffey at the above email address or phone number to inquire about contract opportunities. Also, special loan programs are also available for businesses involved in International Trade, and Robert Coffey can assist your small business with exporting opportunities.
- If you have questions about the 8(a) program, you can contact Seung “Sean” Hong, Business Opportunity Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502.582.5971, Ext. 233.
- If you are interested in SBA Services for Veterans, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans and other services. For more information, send an email Tommie Causey to email@example.com or call 502.582.5971, Ext. 237. Tommie Causey is also an Economic Development Specialist for the Kentucky District Office.
- The Women's Business Ownership Representative is available to advise women business owners. The Women’s Business Center of Kentucky also plans monthly mentoring roundtables for women entrepreneurs. Each month, an agenda is set around a particular topic, and a subject matter expert is invited to address that topic. Contact Tommie Causey by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502.582.5971, Ext. 237 for additional information.
- For information about the SBA HUBZone Program in Kentucky, send an email Tommie Causey at email@example.com or call 502.582.5971, Ext. 237.
- Michael Ashcraft is the Economic Development Specialist for Kentucky and serves the role of Public Information Officer (PIO) for the district. He also is responsible for SBA Special Initiatives and Success Stories. You may contact him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 502.582.5971, Ext. 225.
- Gina Holman is the Procurement Center Representative (PCR), Commercial Marketing Representative and Size Determination Specialist for the Kentucky District Office. She can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 502.582.5971, Ext. 240.
- District Counsel for the SBA Kentucky and North Florida District Offices is Linda George. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and her phone number is 502.582.5971, Ext. 235.
- Sandi Preston is the Paralegal Specialist for the Kentucky District Office. She can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 502.582.5971, Ext. 234
- The Kentucky District Administrative Officer is Diana Hurley. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and her phone number is 502.582.5971, Ext. 241.
- Free, one-on-one, confidential counseling, advice and information on how to start, better operate or expand a small business is available through SBA Resource Partners, including the Kentucky Small Business Development Center, 1.888.475.SBDC toll-free, the Kentucky Chapter of SCORE, Counselors to America’s Small Business, 502.582.5976, or through the Women's Business Center of Kentucky, at 502. 992-9495. The SBDC, SCORE and the Women’s Business Center also offer many workshops and seminars for a nominal fee.