You are here
The Maryland District Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's programs and services to existing and prospective entrepreneurs in Baltimore City and all Maryland Counties, with the exception of Montgomery and Prince George's. Residents of Montgomery and Prince George's counties are served by the SBA's Washington Metro Area District Office.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following briefly describes all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders. The Maryland District Office assisted 557 businesses in obtaining $204.3 Million in loans for the fiscal year that ended September 30, 2011. For more information, including a list of our Preferred Lenders, call Ed Knox at (410) 962-6195 Ext. 309, or Mark Williams at (410) 962-6195 Ext. 303.
- Free counseling, advice and information on starting, better operating or expanding a small business through (SCORE) Counselors to America’s Small Business.
- Free consulting services through the network of Small Business Development Centers. SBDCs also conduct training events throughout the district - some require a nominal registration fee. The Maryland Small Business Development Center was recently awarded the prestigious designation of Small Business Technology & Development Center (SBTDC). Learn more by clicking the link above.
- Assistance is available to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through the 8(a) Business Development Program. For more information, contact Sam Reprogel at (410) 962-6195 Ext. 337.
- Women's Business Ownership Representatives are available to advise women business owners. For more information please call Tonia McCoy at (410) 962-6195 Ext. 310.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade. Additional information can be obtained from Ed Knox via call at (410) 962-6195 Ext. 309.
- If you're a veteran, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans. For more information, contact Mark Williams at (410) 962-6195 Ext. 303.