You are here
2017 Small Business Week Nominations Guidelines
In recognition of the small business community’s contribution to the American economy and society, the President of the United States designates one week each year as National Small Business Week. Leading up to National Small Business Week (SBW), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), often in conjunction with public and private sector small business supporters, will host special events at the local and state levels to honor and present awards to local entrepreneurs and those who support small businesses.
SBA Awards given in celebration of Small Business Week in Eastern Missouri include two awards that are also National and Eastern Missouri Awards and 12 that are awards only for Eastern Missouri. The awards are:
1. Small Business Person of the Year -- National and Eastern Missouri
2. Small Business Exporter of the Year-- National and Eastern Missouri
3. StartUp of the Year – Eastern Missouri
4. Young Entrepreneur of the Year -- Eastern Missouri
5. Technology Business of the Year – Eastern Missouri
6. Family-Owned Small Business of the Year -- Eastern Missouri
7. Missouri Home - Based Small Business of the Year -- Eastern Missouri
8. Immigrant-Owned Small Business of the Year – Eastern Missouri
9. Minority Owned Small Business of the Year -- Eastern Missouri
10. Veteran Owned Small Business of the Year -- Eastern Missouri
11. Woman Owned Small Business of the Year -- Eastern Missouri
12. Rural Owned Small Business of the Year -- Eastern Missouri
13. Small Business Advocate of the Year – Eastern Missouri
14. Entrepreneurial Success Award -- Eastern Missouri
The deadline for the two National Awards is Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. The deadline for all Eastern Missouri Awards is Friday, January 6, 2017. All nominations should be hand delivered or mailed to Gary Alexander at the St. Louis SBA office located on 10th floor of the Robert A Young Building, 1222 Spruce Street, Room 10.103, St. Louis, MO 63103.
Please see attached 2017 SBA Award Nominations Guidelines for additional information.