Top SBA Lenders in Eastern Missouri Honored at Small Business Week Luncheon
The Lender Awards Luncheon, held on May 5, was the kick-off event for Small Business Week of Eastern Missouri 2014. The annual event recognizes SBA lending partners in the St. Louis District Office territory. In attendance were 135 SBA lenders and resource partners from throughout the eastern half of Missouri. Jim Fuchs, Assistant Vice President, Supervisory Policy and Risk Analysis, Community Development and Community Banking Research, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis was the featured speaker. He provided an interesting overview of economic and regulatory issues facing financial institutions and small businesses.
Fiscal Year 2013 was a record year for loan originations in the St. Louis District as evidenced by loans to 474 small businesses through a total of $211 million in loan guarantees. These SBA loans helped create nearly 2,600 jobs and retaining an additional 4,000 jobs. The following awards were given recognizing the top SBA lending partners in the district:
Eastern Missouri’s Top 10 Community Bank Lenders
1. Midwest Regional Bank, Festus, MO - 24 loans totaling $39,401,000
2. Bank of Washington, Washington, MO - 12 loans totaling $10,046,100
3. Bank of Missouri, Perryville, MO - 40 loans totaling $8,051,900
4. First Midwest Bank of the Ozarks, Poplar Bluff, MO - 7 loans totaling $6,223,300
5. Hawthorn Bank, Jefferson City, MO - 16 loans totaling $5,919,100
6. Heartland Bank, Clayton, MO - 2 loans totaling $5,050,000
7. First Community National Bank, Cuba, MO - 7 loans totaling $4,810,100
8. Peoples National Bank, McLeansboro, IL - 11 loans totaling $3,449,000
9. Enterprise Bank and Trust, Clayton, MO - 1 loan of $3,240,000
10. St Johns Bank and Trust Company, St John, MO - 3 loans totaling $3,196,200
The Certified Development Company (CDC) of the Year
Recognizes the St. Louis District’s top CDCs in SBA-guaranteed 504 loan originations during FY 2013.
1. St. Charles County Economic Development Center, St. Charles, MO - 29 loans totaling $17,338,000
2. Rural Missouri, Inc., Jefferson City, MO - 12 loans totaling $10,367,000
3. Business Finance Corporation of St. Louis County, Clayton, MO - 18 loans totaling $7,949,000
4. Enterprise Development Corporation, Columbia, MO - 9 loans totaling $6,529,000
Top Micro Lender Award
Justine PETERSEN, St. Louis, MO, - 225 loans totaling $1,520,940. They were also recognized as SBA’s 2nd most active micro lender nationally.
Top 5 Multi-State Lenders
Among their peer group in originating SBA guaranteed loans in the eastern half of Missouri in FY 2013.
1. U. S. Bank, NA, Cincinnati, OH - 65 loans totaling $12,084,200
2. Commerce Bank, Kansas City, MO - 25 loans totaling $8,247,200
3. Wells Fargo Bank, NA, Minneapolis, MN - 9 loans totaling $4,776,600
4. Live Oak Banking Company, Wilmington, NC - 4 loans totaling $4,625,000
5. PNC Bank, NA, Wilmington, DE - 12 loans totaling $2,277,300
Participating Lender Certificate
The following lenders originated at least $1 million in SBA loan guarantees and fell just short of making our top lender list. They received a certificate in recognition of their contributions to small businesses in eastern Missouri for FY 2013.
1. Belgrade State Bank, Belgrade, MO - 3 loans totaling $2,674,400
2. St. Louis Bank, Town & Country, MO - 3 loans totaling $2,602,000
3. First State Bank of St Charles, St. Charles, MO - 3 loans totaling $2,049,500
4. Triad Bank, Frontenac, MO - 2 loans totaling $1,505,700
5. Illini Bank, Springfield, IL - 3 loans totaling $1,287,000
6. Midwest BankCentre, Lemay, MO - 2 loans totaling $1,280,100
7. The Business Bank of St Louis, Clayton, MO - 5 loans totaling $1,262,500
8. Farmers & Merchants Bank of St. Clair, St. Clair, MO - 12 loans totaling $1,218,400
9. Cass Commercial Bank, Bridgeton, MO - 1 loan totaling $1,000,000
We would like to thank all of SBA’s participating lenders, especially those who received awards, for their efforts on behalf of small businesses in eastern Missouri.