Top SBA Lenders in Eastern Missouri Honored at Small Business Week Luncheon
Small Business Week of Eastern Missouri kicked off on May 6 with the 2013 Lender Awards Luncheon. Over 100 SBA lenders and resource partners from throughout the eastern half of Missouri attended the luncheon. Marie Johns, Deputy Administrator of the SBA, spoke briefly highlighting how SBA programs have assisted small businesses in helping the American economy achieve 38 consecutive months of job growth. She also commented on how impressive it was to see the spirit of cooperation in our district between businesses, lenders and governmental representatives. The featured speaker at the luncheon was Connie Evans, President and CEO of the Association for Enterprise Opportunity (AEO), who shared her organization’s experiences in helping small entrepreneurs.
Fiscal Year 2012 was a nearly record year as evidenced by loans to 506 small businesses through a total of $188 million in loan guarantees. Awards recognizing the top lenders in the district were given to the SBA lending partners as follows.
Top 10 Community Bank Lenders
• Midwest Regional Bank of Festus, MO, with 19 loans totaling $12,406,000;
• Bank of Missouri of Perryville, MO, with 32 loans totaling $7,240,600;
• Pulaski Bank of Creve Coeur, MO, with 10 loans totaling $6,725,800;
• Bank of Washington, of Washington, MO, with three loans totaling $4,459,900;
• The Business Bank of St Louis, of Clayton, MO, with 10 loans totaling $3,182,800;
• First Community National Bank of Cuba, MO, with five loans totaling $2,742,000;
• Enterprise Bank and Trust of Clayton, MO, with four loans of $2,583,800;
• First State Bank of St Charles of St Charles, MO, with five loans totaling $2,278,400;
• St. Louis Bank of Town & Country, MO, with six loans totaling $2,216,600; and
• United Bank of Union of Union, MO, with seven loans totaling $2,209,500.
Certified Development Companies of the Year
• St. Charles County Economic Development Center of St. Charles, MO, with 54 504 loans totaling $34,053,000;
• Business Finance Corporation of St. Louis County of Clayton, MO, with 27 504 loans totaling $17,679,000; and
• Rural Missouri, Inc., of Jefferson City, MO, with six 504 loans totaling $3,076,000.
Top Micro Lender Award
• Justine PETERSEN, St. Louis, MO, with 223 loans totaling $1,358,873.
Top 5 Multi-State Lenders in Eastern Missouri
• U.S. Bank of Cincinnati, OH, with 60 loans totaling $10,771,200;
• Commerce Bank of Kansas City, MO, with 27 loans totaling $5,644,200;
• Regions Bank of Birmingham, AL, with six loans totaling $5,199,900;
• UMB Bank of Kansas City, MO, with 14 loans totaling $2,490,000; and
• PNC Bank, NA of Wilmington, DE, with eight loans totaling $1,500,000;
Credit Union of the Year
• First Community Credit Union with five loans totaling $452,500.
Top Participating Lenders
• Hawthorn Bank of Jefferson City, MO, with nine loans totaling $1,957,200;
• Farmers & Merchants Bank of St. Clair of St. Clair, MO, with nine loans totaling $1,705,700;
• Peoples National Bank of McLeansboro, IL, with eight loans totaling $1,294,100;
• Providence Bank of Columbia, MO, with five loans totaling $1,022,000;
• Great Southern Bank of Springfield, MO, with seven loans totaling $902,000;
• Bank of America, NA, of Charlotte, NC, with six loans totaling $878,700;
• Jefferson Bank of Missouri of Jefferson City, MO, with six loans totaling $872,500;
• Central Trust Bank of Jefferson City, MO, with six loans totaling $794,000;
• First State Community Bank of Farmington, MO, with seven loans totaling $680,400; and
• The Callaway Bank of Fulton, MO, with eight loans totaling $628,500.
We would like to thank all of SBA’s participating lenders, especially those who received awards, for their efforts on behalf of small businesses in Eastern Missouri.