You are here
About Our Office:
The Nebraska District Office connects entrepreneurs across the Cornhusker State with capital, counseling and contracting services, supporting a vast network of highly successful small business ventures, ranging from home-grown, self-employment operations to larger businesses of up to 500 employees.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. Our Economic Development Specialists are available to speak to small business groups, chambers, schools, colleges, and more regarding SBA programs, while our Lender Relations Specialists fan out across the state to introduce banks and credit unions to SBA financing for their small business clients.
The SBA Nebraska District Office partners with the following for:
- Free counseling, advice and information on starting a business through SCORE.
- Free consulting services through the network of the Nebraska Business Development Center; NBDC also conduct training events throughout the state; some sessions require a nominal registration fee.
- Advice for women business owners is available through the Rural Enterprise Assistance Project's Women's Business Center .
- Connecting small businesses with contracting opportunities with the federal government.
- Special loan programs available for businesses involved in international trade.
- And, we have a veterans officer for counseling entrepreneurs who wish to serve their community in a new way as a small business owner.