You are here
About the New Jersey District Office
About the New Jersey District Office
The New Jersey district office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's programs and services to 21 counties in New Jersey.
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses is available through the agency's 7(a) Guaranteed Loan program. These loans are made available through local lenders and can be used for working capital, leasehold improvements, the purchase of real estate, machinery and equipment, to purchase an existing business, and the refinancing of existing business indebtedness that is not already structured with reasonable terms and conditions. Small business owners may borrow up to $5 million. For additional information on the 7(a) loan program, please click on the following link: http://www.sba.gov/category/navigation-structure/loans-grants/small-business-loans/sba-loan-programs/7a-loan-program
- In addition to the 7(a) loan program, the SBA offers small business owners its 504 Certified Development Company Loan program. The CDC/504 loan program is a long-term financing tool, designed to encourage economic development within a community. The 504 Program accomplishes this by providing small businesses with long-term, fixed-rate financing to acquire major fixed assets for expansion or modernization. For additional information on this program, please click on the following link: http://www.sba.gov/content/cdc504-loan-program
- For small business owner looking for smaller loans,SBA's Microloan Program provides small, short-term loans and certain types of not-for-profit child-care centers. The SBA makes funds available to local specially designated intermediary lenders, which are nonprofit community-based organizations with experience in lending as well as management and technical assistance. These intermediaries make loans to eligible borrowers. The maximum loan amount is $50,000, but the average microloan is about $13,000. For a list of local microlenders in your area, please click on the following link:http://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files/Microloan%20Intermediary%20List_4.pdf
- Small business owners interested in selling their products and services to the federal government should click on the following link to learn about SBA's procurement programs that can assist in finding possible contracting opportunities.http://www.sba.gov/category/navigation-structure/contracting Women business owners interested in learning about the Women Owned Small Business Contracting program should visit the following website at www.sba.gov/wosb SBA's 8(a) Business Development program assists businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. For additional information about the 8(a) program eligibility requirementsand upcoming orientation workshops, please contact our 8(a) Business Development staff at (973) 645-4651.
- The SBA offers free consulting services through a number of organizations that can assist you in developing a business plan, registering your business to developing strategies to expand your bsuiness. The SBA works with a network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) located on college campuses throught New Jersey . SBDCs also conduct training events throughout the district. Some of these events require a nominal registration fee. To find the nearest SBDC location, please visit http://njsbdc.com/index.php/contact_us#locations For additional information, please visit www.njsbdc.com
- Additional free counseling, advice and information on starting a business is also available through SCORE - Counselors to America's Small Business. SCORE also conducts training events throughout New Jersey. Some of these training events may also require a nominal registration fee. For additional information on SCORE, vist www.score.org. To locate a SCORE Chapter in your area visit http://www.score.org/chapters And to obtain cyber counseling from a SCORE counselor, please visit http://www.score.org/mentors
If you are interested in speaking with an SBA representative, please click on the link below for the SBA's New Jersey district office staff directory.