Jump to Main Content
USA flagAn Official Website of the United States Government

Disaster Contracting

If you are a small business wanting to assist in cleanup in the aftermath of a disaster, you need to do the following:


Register in the US Federal Contractor registration at www.uscontractorregistration.com. The FEMA Disaster Response data base collects its information in the US Federal Contractor. Once you have accessed the website, go to “Help” link on the top of the page and read the US Federal Contractor Handbook. It will tell you all the information you will need to register. To begin your registration go to the US Federal Contractor Home page and select “Start a New Registration” on the left hand side of the page.

After you complete the required elements, go to the Disaster Response page (see “Optional Information” on the left had side of the page). FEMA established its Debris Removal Contractor Registry (DRCR), specifically for state and local governments to use to identify and pre-qualify available debris removal contractors. All vendors interested in doing business with FEMA should send an e-mail to FEMA-Industry@dhs.gov. Small Business should also complete SBA’s Supplemental Page at the end of the registration.

US Federal Contractor Registration Contact Information
Toll-Free Phone Number 1-877-252-2700
US Federal Contractor Registration Email: customerservice@usfcrgov.com
Hours of Operation are 9 - 5 (EST) Monday - Friday. Voice mail messages will be taken if all lines are busy; all calls will be returned.


The Army Corps of Engineers also has its Disaster Resource Contractor Registry at http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/DisasterEquip/ (firms must also be register in CCR). The Corps of Engineers has developed this contractor registry for assistance with their disaster response mission. The Corps of Engineers uses its engineering and contracting capabilities to support FEMA and other Federal, State and local government agencies in a wide variety of missions during natural and man-made disasters.

Information in this registry will be used by Corps of Engineers offices that are looking for specific goods or services during emergencies. Submission of information is voluntary. Information will be considered For Official Use Only within the Federal government. Submission of information to this registry DOES NOT expressly or implicitly commit the Federal government to procurement of products or services

For any questions regarding the Army Corps Contractor Registry, please email disasterresponsereg@lrl02.usace.army.mil.



Once you have registered with CCR, you can go to http://www.fedbizopps.gov. This is the single government point-of-entry for Federal government contract opportunities over $30,000. Managed by the General Services Administration, FedBizOpps allows businesses to sign up for e-mail notification of open contracts related to specified fields. At the website, on the right hand side, under Related Links, click on “Vendor Notification Services”, which will allow you to receive email alerts by contract number, classification or all contract notices.

You can reach the FedBizOpps Help Desk by clicking on the “Help Desk” link on the bottom of the FEDBIZOPPS web page, calling 877-472-3779 or sending an email to fbo.support@gsa.gov. The Help Desk is open between 8am and 6pm EST (M-F).

Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) form a nationwide network of procurement professionals dedicated to providing you: www.aptac-us.org

1. An understanding of the requirements of government contracting, and the know-how to obtain and
successfully perform federal, state and local government contracts.

2. At little or no cost, PTACs provide a wide range of assistance covering every phase of government
contracting – from initial registrations through contract completion.

Small Business Development Centers: Offer One-stop assistance to individuals and small businesses by
providing a wide variety of information and guidance in local, easily accessible branch locations. http://www.asbdc-us.org/

For any other contracting opportunities, please contact the state, county, or other local municipalities in the area that you would like to do business in, to find out what is available and what their requirements may be

File Attachments: 
Attachments Size
Disaster Contracting 17Kb