You are here
The Columbus District Office serves 60 northwestern, central and southern counties of Ohio, an area of 28,516 square miles.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Free counseling, advice and information on starting a business through SCORE: "Counselors to America's Small Business". SCORE also offers numerous training events for a nominal registration fee. To schedule an appointment or a request schedule of training events, in Columbus call (614) 469-2357, in Cincinnati call (513) 684-2812.
- Free consulting services through the network of Small Business Development Centers. SBDCs also conduct numerous training events throughout the district - some may require a nominal registration fee. The SBDC has several location across the State, please refer to http://development.ohio.gov/bs/bs_sbdc.htm to find your local center.
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area bank and non-bank lenders. For more information call (614) 469-6860.
- Assistance to businesses owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals through 8(a) Business Development Program, Stephon Ash or Jill Nagy-Reynolds (614) 469-6860. Also consult with the Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC) http://www.development.ohio.gov/bs/bs_ptac.htm
- A women's business ownership representative is available to advise women business owners Shannon Feucht (614) 469-6860 Ext. 244.
- A Veterans Affairs Officer is available to counsel veterans Barry Peel (614) 469-6860 Ext. 276.
- The Columbus District Office has personnel dedicated to support your export activities Alex Kohls (614) 633-6372.
- For assistance in Spanish contact Jordi Arimany (614) 469 6860 ext 229.