You are here
The Richmond District office is responsible for the delivery of SBA programs and services to 92 counties in Virginia (excluding the counties of Arlington, Fairfax and Loudoun, and cities of Alexandria, Fairfax and Falls Church which are served by our Washington, D.C. District Office). The Richmond District office is located in the Federal Building, Suite 1150, 400 North 8th Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Richmond Office District Director is Carl B. Knoblock.
FY 15, our office approved 669 loans totaling over $334 million.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Free counseling and technical assistance, pre-business and business planning workshops, and information on starting and managing a small business are offered through the Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) . SCORE maintains thirteen chapters located throughout Virginia -Find the SCORE chapter closest to you.
- Free counseling services are also available through a network of Small Business Development Centers. SBDCs also conduct numerous training events throughout Virginia for a reasonable fee. View our Virginia Calendar of Events to find training events and courses offered by the SBDCs or find the SBDC closest to you.
- A women's business ownership representative is available to assist women business owners. Contact our Women's Business Ownership Representative, Kathryn Dolan, at (804) 253-8135, or via e-mail at Kathryn.Dolan@sba.gov(link sends e-mail).
- A veterans' business representative is available to assist veteran business owners. Contact our veterans' representative, Marci Posey at (804) 253-8906, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or veterans may contact the Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC).
- An International Trade Officer is available to assist businesses involved or interested in becoming involved in exporting. Contact our International Trade Officer, Ford Scott, at (804) 253-8027, or via e-mail at email@example.com(link sends e-mail). Also see our Office of International Trade website for Exporting assistance.