You are here
The Wisconsin District Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA’s many programs and services to Wisconsin’s 72 counties. The staff travels frequently throughout the state to help small businesses start, grow, and succeed.
- Milwaukee office: 310 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 580W, Milwaukee, WI 53203 (414) 297-3941
- Madison office: 740 Regent Street, Suite 100, Madison, WI 53715 (608) 441-5261
Contacts and Services
District Director - Eric Ness (414) 297-1471 or (608) 441-5268
Deputy District Director/Veterans Representative - Frank Demarest, Jr. (414) 297-1099
Public Information Officer - Shirah Apple (414) 297-1096
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses:
- Over 160 active bank and non-bank lenders throughout the state provide SBA guaranteed loans for new or existing firms. In the year ending September 30, 2015, 1733 such loans totaling over $607 million were made, including 618 loans to new businesses. SBA’s nine micro-lenders made 94 micro-loans for $2.1 million during that same time period, including 34 loans to new businesses.
- Consulting, counseling, training, and mentoring services through 3 networks of SBA resource partners with many locations. Their training classes and events are posted on this web page. Many are free; some require a nominal fee to register.
- Small Business Development Centers located at University of Wisconsin extensions. Tammie Clendenning is our SBDC Rep, contact Tammie Clendenning at (414) 297-4089, Tammie is also our Hmong Representative.
- Women Business Centers with locations in southeastern Wisconsin, Eau Claire, and Superior. The Women’s Business Representative is Mary Trimmier, Lead Economic Development Specialist at (414) 297-1093. In addition, Mary is also our African American Representative.
- SCORE offices, whose volunteers with significant business experience provide mentoring and counseling, have more than 20 locations statewide. Robin Dittberner is our SCORE representative; you may reach her at 608-441-5521.
- Our Veterans Representative provides business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans. Contact Frank Demarest, Deputy Director/Veterans Support Officer at (414) 297-1099. In addition, Frank also is the Native American and Latino Representative.
- Government Contracting – Shane Mahaffy, Lead Business Opportunity Specialist at (414) 297-1455; James Strube, Business Opportunity Specialist at (414) 297-3951; and Cartina Austin, Program Support for Business Development – (414) 297-1092.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade/export. Contact Mike Fazio at (414) 297-1097.
- Lender Relationship Specialists are:
- Administrative Officer/Disaster Coordinator, please contact Patricia Pettey - (608) 441-5204
- District Support and 912’s, please contact Betsy Jorgensen - (608) 441-5263
- District Support Assistant - Gloria Hloucal - (414) 297-1091
- All Media - Contact Shirah Apple, PIO - (414) 297-1092
- District Counsel is Brad Trimble - (414) 297- 4090
Speaking requests: Please contact the Madison office at (608) 441-5261 or the Milwaukee office at (414) 297-1091 at least 3 weeks in advance.
To schedule a meeting with District Director Eric Ness, please contact Shirah Apple (414) 297-1096.
To have a Wisconsin SBA Resource Guide mailed to you, or for general questions, please email us at Wisconsin@sba.gov