You are here
District Director - Eric Ness (414) 297-1471 or (608) 441-5268
Deputy District Director/Veteran Representative - Frank Demarest, Jr. (414) 297-1099
Public Information Officer - Shirah Apple (414) 297-1096
The Wisconsin District Office is responsible for the delivery of SBA's many programs and services to the 72 counties of Wisconsin. Our offices are located in both Madison and Milwaukee.
The Wisconsin office assists several hundred businesses each year by providing financial assistance through the 7(a) and 504 loan programs. The Wisconsin SBA assisted 1,733 businesses in obtaining over $607 million in Loans, 618 loans went to start-up businesses for $173,684,000. In addition, we assisted with 94 Micro Loans for amount of $2,080,462 for fiscal year 2015 that ended September 30, 2015.
Over the years, the SBA has developed many small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses. The following describes briefly all the services and information available through this office:
- Financial assistance for new or existing businesses through guaranteed loans made by area banks and non-bank lenders.
- Consulting/Counseling/Training services through the network of Small Business Development Centers. SBDC’s also conduct training events throughout the district - some require a nominal registration fee. Tammie Clendenning is our SBDC Rep, contact Tammie Clendenning at (414) 297-4089, Tammie is also our Hmong Representative.
- Lending, counseling, and training through our Women Business Centers across the state. Wisconsin’s Women Business Representative is Mary Trimmier, Lead Economic Development Specialist at (414) 297-1093. In addition, Mary is also our African American Representative.
- Counseling, training, mentoring, and classes are available through our local SCORE offices. Robin Dittberner is our SCORE representative; you may reach her at 608-441-5521.
- Special loan programs are available for businesses involved in international trade/export. Contact Mike Fazio at (414) 297-1097.
- Veteran’s Representative, you can get business counseling and information about SBA guaranteed loans. In Wisconsin, contact Frank Demarest, Deputy Director at (414) 297-1099. In addition, Frank also is the Native American and Latino Representative.
- Government Contracting – Shane Mahaffy, Lead Business Development Specialist at (414) 297-1455; James Strube, Business Opportunity Specialist at (414) 297-3951; and Cartina Austin, Program Support for Business Development – (414) 297-1096.
- Lender Relationship Specialists are:
- Administrative Officer/Disaster Coordinator, please contact Patricia Pettey - (608) 441-5204
- District Support and 912’s, please contact Betsy Jorgensen - (608) 441-5263
- District Support Assistant - Gloria Hloucal – (414) 297-1091
- All Media - Contact Shirah Apple, PIO - 414-297-1096
- District Counsel is Brad Trimble - (414) 297-4090.
If you would like staff from Wisconsin SBA to speak at your events or schools on SBA loan programs; Lender Training or Contracting opportunities, please contact: Madison office at (608) 441-5261; or Milwaukee Office at (414) 297-1091. Please give us enough advanced notice.
To schedule meeting with District Director Eric Ness, please contact Shirah Apple (414) 297-1096.
To request a Wisconsin SBA Resource Guide mailed to you, or for general questions, please email us at Wisconsin@sba.gov.