You are here
The West Virginia District Office is located at 320 West Pike Street, Suite 330, Clarksburg, WV. For program and service information, please contact the District Office at 304-623-5631. The West Virginia Branch Office is located at 405 Capital Street, Charleston, WV.
SBA’s WVDO District Office covers more than 24,000 square miles and the 55 counties of West Virginia. It is our mission to provide prospective, new or established persons in the small business community with financial, procurement, management and technical assistance. In addition, special emphasis is made to assist women, minorities, the handicapped and veterans get into and stay in business. Our responsibilities include:
- Educating small business owners and the general public about the programs and services available through SBA;
- Providing one-on-one counseling to existing and perspective business owners on starting and/or expanding their businesses;
- Educating and assisting bank and non-bank lenders on securing SBA loans for their small business customers; and
- Teaching small businesses how to do business with the federal government.
Counseling & Training
- In FY 2015, SBA assisted 5,052 clients through 323 customized training events throughout the state.
- There are currently 18 SBDC locations in WV. In FY 2015 they provided nearly 6,000 hours of counseling to more than 920 clients. Coaches hosted nearly 100 Business Fundamental workshops for 460 attendees. From their services, there were 88 new businesses start-ups and a total capitalization of $14.3 million achieved.
- There are three SCORE offices in WV (Charleston, Huntington, Clarksburg). In FY2015, they reached a total of 300 clients via online counseling and hosted more than 600 workshops for 1,980 attendees.
- Last year SBA guaranteed in excess of $35.5 million in loans for West Virginia small businesses, contributing to retaining and creating nearly 1,555 jobs.
- There are 56 banks headquartered in West Virginia, of those 26 are SBAExpress Lenders and 9 are Export Lenders. In the last three years 16 West Virginia based lenders have been added to the SBAExpress loan program and 9 to the Export Express loan program.
- In WV there are 14 credit unions that offer commercial lending to their members. SBA’s West Virginia District Office has a Loan Guaranty Agreement with 11 of those credit unions.
About Government Contracting in West Virginia
In FY2015, SBA trained 1,073 WV small businesses on how to do business with the federal government, including SBA certification programs.