You are here
Morrison Engineering Company got its start in the basement of John Morrison’s home in 1945, when he worked as chief of design in the bridge department of the Montana Highway Department. A year later, Morrison teamed up with former co-worker and designer, Joe Maierle and renamed the company Morrison-Maierle, Inc.
Throughout its business history, Morrison-Maierle has been a traditional, full-service civil engineering and survey firm built on its founders’ vision of service and principals of commitment, integrity, and communication. Client bases include local governments, state agencies, federal agencies, foreign governments, private companies, individuals and Indian nations.
Today, the 64-year old firm primarily serves the western United States through 10 offices located in Helena, Billings, Bozeman, Great Falls, Kalispell, and Missoula, Montana; Gillette, Wyoming; Salt Lake City, Utah; Phoenix and Tuscon, Arizona. The firm’s success has been achieved primarily through internal, organic growth rather than acquisition.
When the company obtained an SBA 504 loan through Montana Community Finance Corporation in Helena for construction of their 5100 square foot Bozeman office in 1992, they reported a total of 130 employees in the company. Today, between all 10 of their locations, they own or occupy over 140,000 square feet of space and employ close to 400 people.
Not only has the firm grown in physical size, but they have also experienced monumental financial growth as well. Since 1992, revenues for the firm have surged 460 percent, while their net worth has grown by an astonishing sixty-five percent.
This Montana-based firm is consistently recognized by the Engineering News Record as one of the “Top 500 Design Firms” in the United States. In 2008, Morrison-Maierle was also ranked as one of the Nation’s “Top 25 Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For” by CE News magazine and was identified as an industry leader in providing employees with an outstanding work environment.