To help you succeed, our custom courses are available in-person and online. Learn the basics of owning a business and get access to SBA resources. You will also hear from small business experts. Read on to see what's available.
Boots to Business training series
- Boots to Business: Part of the U.S. Department of Defense Transition Assistance Program (TAP). Offered on military installations worldwide.
- Boots to Business Reboot: Extends B2B to veterans of all eras in their communities. Includes National Guard and Reserve members.
- Boots to Business Revenue Readiness: Make a business idea to an into an actual model. Must first complete Boots to Business or Boots to Business Reboot. Six weeks, offered online.
Women Veteran Entrepreneurship Training Program (WVETP)
Training to start or grow a business. For women veterans and service members. SBA grants funding for these specialized entrepreneurship training programs to:
Service-Disabled Veteran Entrepreneurship Training Program (SDVETP)
For veterans injured in the line of duty who are or want to be small business owners. SBA grants funding for these specialized training programs to:
- Veterans Entrepreneurship Program (VEP) at Oklahoma State University
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans at St. Joseph's University
- Warrior Rising, a nonprofit empowering veterans in business
- Veteran Entrepreneurial Training & Resource Network
Resources for spouses
Support for military spouse entrepreneurs with training, counseling, and education. SBA offers the same flexible resources for spouses as for veteran business owners. Learn more about SBA resources for military spouse businesses.
Veteran Federal Procurement Entrepreneurship Training Program (VFPETP)
Federal procurement training for currently involved or interested businesses. This nationwide training is open to veteran-owned and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses. Check out the Veteran Institute for Procurement (VIP) for more information.
Have an employee in the Reserves or National Guard called to duty? The Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (MREIDL) provides loans to help with losses. See if you qualify.