Ms. Barbara Carson joined the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), in Washington, D.C, in June 2013. She is the Associate Administrator for the Office of Veterans Business Development (OVBD...
You are here
Office of Veterans Business Development | Resources
About Boots to Business
Boots to Business is the two-step entrepreneurial training program offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as a training track within the Department of Defense’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP).
The two-step training program includes
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship Two-Day Course – - a two-day classroom course offered as one of the three Transition GPS elective tracks
- Foundations of Entrepreneurship – an eight-week, instructor-led online course that offers in-depth instruction on the elements of a business plan and tips and techniques for starting a business
Can't make an in-person course? Boots to Business is available online through Joint Knowledge Online.
Boots to Business Success Stories
Boots to Business Resources
- White Paper: Boots to Business Veteran Entrepreneurship Assessment
- Boots to Business Curriculum Overview Video
- Boots to Business Brochure
- Boots to Business Fact sheet
- Boots to Business Q&A
Boots to Business is delivered in partnership with SBA’s Resource Partners, SCORE Mentors, Small Business Development Centers, Women’s Business Centers, and Veterans Business Outreach Centers and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University. It is available free of participating installations to service members and their dependents transitioning or retiring from the U.S. military.
To learn more information about Boots to Business, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-205-VET1 (202-205-8381).
For more SBA resources for veterans, visit SBA.gov/vets.