- The maximum Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loan (MREIDL) amount is $2 million.
- The amount of each loan is limited to the actual economic injury as calculated by SBA, business interruption insurance and whether the business and/or its owners have sufficient funds to operate.
- If your business is a major source of employment, SBA has authority to waive the $2 million statutory limit.
- Businesses with the financial capacity to fund their own recovery are not eligible for MREIDL assistance. Federal law requires SBA to first determine whether the credit necessary to accomplish full recovery is available from non-government sources without creating an undue financial hardship.
- The filing period begins on the date the essential employee receives a notice of expected call-up and ends one year after the essential employee is discharged or released from active duty.
Use of proceeds
You can use proceeds for ordinary and necessary operating expenses.
You may not use proceeds:
- To cover lost income or lost profits
- In lieu of regular commercial debt, to refinance long-term debt, or to expand the business
- First payment deferred for 12 months
- No interest accrual for the first 12 months
- The interest rate is 4%
- Up to 30 years, depending on ability to repay the loan
- No pre-payment penalty or fees
- Collateral is required for all MREIDL loans which are greater than $50,000.
- SBA accepts real estate as collateral when it is available.
- SBA will not decline a loan for lack of collateral, but will require the borrower to pledge collateral that is available.
How to apply
Contact the SBA Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at: