You are here
Data Consolidation Plan
As technology advances to become more efficient over time, it is imperative that government agencies periodically examine technology practices to identify wasteful or inefficient processes, standards, and operating procedures. Under guidance from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and in conjunction with the Federal Data Center Consolidation Task Force (FDDCTF), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) established the following plan to examine and improve use of technology resources to accomplish the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative (FDCCI).
The Data Center Consolidation Initiative addresses the following areas for SBA:
- Reducing the number of locations where agency data is centrally processed and stored.
- Increasing overall data center hosting service levels provided to the agency.
- Increasing physical security levels of data center hosting services.
- Reducing the amount of physical resources technology systems consume.
- Modernizing and updating agency systems to employ latest technology levels.
- Tightening control of system provisioning, maintenance, and retirement processes.
The initiative leads to more efficient use of time and resources, increased service levels and security posture, and data center hosting systems which are better aligned with agency strategic focus areas.
To read the plan, click the link below.