SBA is committed to helping small businesses in the US succeed. As such, several programs and laws have been sponsored that directly affect small business owners. Here, you can learn more about how legislation such as the Small Business Jobs Act and SBA initiatives such as the Emerging 200 program can help you and your business succeed.
This initiative aims to increase the number of women and underrepresented groups on corporate boards and C-suites of high growth small businesses, particularly those in which Small Business...
The PLUM Initiative is a two-year pilot committed to developing straightforward, common-sense approaches to reducing barriers to capital, creating economic opportunities, and improving lending to...
The SBTC is committed to helping small businesses leverage technology as a core driver of growth and differentiation.
SBA's 2016 State of Entrepreneurship Address
Military spouses make great entrepreneurs, and small business ownership can be a transportable, flexible vocation that supports a military career.
A flexible workplace is a powerful management tool that can be used to accomplish work more efficiently while helping employees manage the demands of work and home.
SBA celebrates Veterans Small Business Week, October 31 - November 4, 2016.
The Startup in a Day initiative aims to make it easier for entrepreneurs to start a business by reducing the amount of time it takes to register and apply for permits and licenses on the local level.
The SBA’s new ScaleUp America Initiative is designed to help small firms with high potential “scale up” and grow their businesses so that they will provide more jobs and have a greater economic...
The LGBT inclusion and outreach initiative aims to bring focus on economic empowerment in the LGBT business community providing access to SBA programs and services.
SupplierPay is a new partnership with the private sector to strengthen small businesses by increasing their working capital, so they can grow their businesses and hire more workers.
Saturday, November 26, 2016 is Small Business Saturday® – a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for their communities. Please join the SBA and organizations across the...
This training initiative focuses on businesses poised for growth in historically challenged, urban areas.
The U.S. Small Business Administration is investing in regional innovation clusters throughout the US that span a variety of industries, ranging from energy and manufacturing to advanced defense...
The mission of SBA's Office of Business Development (BD) is to administer the section 8(a) program, which offers business development assistance to eligible small government contractors.
The Small Business Teaming Pilot Program, managed by SBA’s Office of Government Contracting, is designed to enhance small businesses' ability to compete for federal contracting opportunities.
The Small Business Jobs Act aims to provide critical resources to help small businesses continue to drive economic recovery and create jobs.
The Startup America initiative aims to bring together innovative entrepreneurs, corporations, universities, foundations, and others to increase the prevalence and success of America’s entrepreneurs.
The CUC provides SBA with input, advice and recommendations on strategies to help strengthen competiveness and sustainability for small businesses in underserved communities.
Intermediary Lending Pilot Program is a three-year pilot program that provides direct loans to eligible non-profit intermediaries for the purpose of making small business loans of up to $200,000.
Find out what SBA is doing to make the agency more environmentally sustainable.
- What We Do
- SBA Team
- SBA Locations
- SBA Performance
- Strategic Planning
- Performance, Budget & Finances
- Congressional Budget Justification/Annual Performance Report
- Agency Financial Reports
- FY 2016 Agency Financial Report (AFR)
- FY 2015 Agency Financial Report (AFR)
- FY 2014 Agency Financial Report (AFR)
- FY 2013 Agency Financial Report (AFR)
- FY 2012 Agency Financial Report (AFR)
- FY 2011 Agency Financial Report (AFR)
- FY 2010 Agency Financial Report (AFR)
- FY 2009 Agency Financial Report (AFR)
- FY 2008 Annual Performance Report (APR)
- Performance and Financial Reports
- FY 2015 Summary of Performance and Financial Information
- FY 2014 Summary of Performance and Financial Information
- FY 2013 Summary of Performance and Financial Information
- FY 2012 Summary of Performance and Financial Information
- FY 2011 Summary of Performance and Financial Information
- FY 2010 Summary of Performance and Financial Information
- FY 2009 Summary of Performance and Financial Information
- FY 2008 Citizens' Report (Performance and Financial Highlights)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Loan Program Performance
- Other Performance Information
- Open Government
- Information Quality
- Digital SBA
- About the SBA.gov Website
- General FOIA Information
- Submit a Request
- SBA Guide to Public Information
- Information Generally Exempt From Disclosure and Information Generally Releasable
- Privacy Act
- Privacy Act Request Guide
- SBA FOIA Quarterly Reports
- SBA FOIA Annual Reports
- Frequently Requested Records
- President Obama's FOIA Memorandum and FOIA Text
- FOIA Resources
- Chief FOIA Officer Reports
- EO Plan
- FOIA Contacts
- FOIA SOP
- Other Plans & Reports
- FY 16 Conferences & Events Above $100K Report
- SBA Open Government Report 2016
- 2016 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey Results
- FY 16 Advanced Acquisition Strategies
- FY 15 Conferences & Events Above $100K Report
- Plain Language Page
- FY 14 Conferences & Events Above $100K Report
- SBA Open Government Report 2014
- FY 13 Conferences & Events Above $100K Report
- FY 12 Conferences & Events Above $100K Report
- FY 13 Advanced Acquisition Strategies
- The Small Business Agenda
- Information Technology Strategic Plan
- Data Consolidation Plan
- Draft Environmental Justice Strategic Plan
- SBA Customer Service Plan
- SBA Vendor Communication Plan
- SBA Open Government Plan
- SBA Open Government Plan 2012-2014
- SBA Plan for Operating in the Event of a Lapse in Appropriations
- Retrospective Review of Regulations
- First Quarter 2012 Retrospective Review Reports
- Second Quarter 2012 Retrospective Review Report
- Third Quarter 2012 Retrospective Review Report & Burden Reduction Initiative
- Fourth Quarter 2012 Retrospective Review Report
- 5th Retrospective Review Report
- January 2014 Retrospective Review Update
- July 2014 Retrospective Review Update
- SBA February 2015 Retrospective Review Report
- SBA July 2015 Retrospective Review Report
- January 2016 Retrospective Review
- July 2016 Retrospective Review
- Policy & Regulations
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Laws & Regulations
- Public Notices
- Eliminating Fraud, Waste & Abuse
- Internal Controls for SES, SL, and ST Performance and Misconduct
- SBA Accomplishments FY 2016
- SBA Cabinet Exit Memo
- Oversight & Advocacy
- SBA Initiatives
- ONBOARD (Open Network for Board Diversity)
- Partnerships for Lending in Underserved Markets (PLUM)
- Small Business Technology Coalition
- State of Entrepreneurship
- Military Spouses
- Workplace Flexibility and Small Business
- Veterans Small Business Week
- Made It In America
- Startup in a Day
- ScaleUp America Initiative
- LGBT Outreach
- SupplierPay Initiative
- Small Business Saturday
- SBA Emerging Leaders Initiative
- Clusters Initiative
- 7(j) Management and Technical Assistance Services Program
- Small Business Teaming Pilot Program
- Small Business Jobs Act of 2010
- Startup America
- Council on Underserved Communities (CUC)
- Intermediary Lending Pilot
- Greening SBA
- SBA Newsroom