Areas eligible for SBA disaster loans
The county of Maui, Hawaii is eligible for SBA disaster assistance as a result of the Hawaii wildfires. Additionally, the county of Kalawao, Hawaii is eligible for economic injury assistance.
Application filing deadlines:
- Physical damage: October 10, 2023
- Economic injury: May 10, 2024
*Information current as of August 16, 2023
Types of available disaster loans
- Home Disaster Loans – Loans to homeowners or renters to repair or replace disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles.
- Business Physical Disaster Loans – Loans to businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property owned by the business, including real estate, inventories, supplies, machinery and equipment. Businesses of any size are eligible. Private, non-profit organizations such as charities, churches, private universities, etc., are also eligible.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) – Working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster. These loans are intended to assist through the disaster recovery period.
More detailed information can be found in the Hawaii wildfires disaster fact sheet.
Get help with your application
Applicants are encouraged to apply online for a disaster loan. Please call us at 800‐659‐2955 if you have any questions. SBA's disaster call center hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET.
Disaster assistance jobs
SBA is hiring temporary employees to assist with disaster relief efforts. Many positions are virtual. Bilingual skills are a plus. Learn more and apply now.