Running a Business
Does your business accept cash, credit cards and checks? As a business owner, you need to be smart about how you handle these transactions. Learn about how you can manage these transactions.
Are your marketing efforts effectively promoting your small business? Find out what topics and concepts you should consider when creating an integrated marketing plan.
What is a good sales strategy? There is not one right answer because every business situation is different. Learn how to build a sales strategy as well as how to set up an online business.
When you hire someone to perform work for you, you must adhere to laws and regulations that protect workers’ rights. Be sure that your hiring practices align with all laws pertaining to your industry.
Each day, advances in technology are made that provide additional opportunities and new challenges for your business. Be sure you understand the technologies that are available for your business.
Are you protected from unforeseen dangers and disasters? You and your business need proper insurance coverage to make sure you are protected. Learn more about the resources that are available to you.
For small business owners, being prepared can mean staying in business following a disaster. Explore the resources that can help you develop an emergency preparedness and disaster relief plan.
There’s a new focus on environmental responsibility, and as a small business owner, you can make a difference. Help protect our ecosystem and serve your customers who value your environmental efforts.
As a small business owner, you can make a difference by “going green.” Explore energy saving tips and learn how you and your business can be more energy efficient.
Are you ready to expand your business internationally? Make sure you are aware of what you and your business will need to do business abroad. Find out more with these important resources.
What makes a small business “small”? Learn more about how size standards have been established, how they are used and what implications they might have on your business.
- Running a Business
- Managing Business Finances & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Using Technology
- Emergency Preparedness
- Green Business Guide
- Energy Efficiency
- Become Energy Efficient
- Energy Saving Tips
- Calculate Energy Savings
- Sustainable Business Practices
- Energy Efficient Upgrades
- For Specific Businesses
- Energy Efficiency for Auto Dealers
- Energy Efficiency for Construction Contractors
- Energy Efficiency for Grocery and Convenience Stores
- Energy Efficiency for Home Based Businesses
- Energy Efficiency for Lodging
- Energy Efficiency for Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturers
- Energy Management Basics for Small and Medium Sized Manufacturers
- Energy Efficiency for Restaurants
- Energy Efficiency for Retail Stores
- Doing Business Abroad
- Size Standards
- Leading Your Business
- Growing Your Business
- Business Law & Regulations
- Business Guides by Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Goods & Services
- Electric Power Industry
- Energy Industry
- Financial Services
- Firearms & Explosives
- Food & Beverage
- Health Care
- Housing & Real Estate
- Mining & Drilling
- Nuclear Power Industry
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Printing & Publishing
- Telecommunications & Media
- Transportation & Logistics
- 10th Annual SBA Export Lenders’ Roundtable – Save the Date!
- Opening Global Market Access for Small Businesses
- US Export Assistance Centers
- Export Loans
- Export Business Planner
- State Trade Expansion Program (STEP)
- Explore Exporting
- Contact SBA Exporting Staff
- Closing Down Your Business