You are here
Department of the Interior (DOI)
Contact the following individual(s) to get more information on complying with Department of the Interior regulations:
Office of Executive Secretary
The following agencies and offices provide compliance resources for small businesses:
- National Business Center
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- Minerals Management Service
- National Park Service
- Office of Surface Mining
- Bureau of Reclamation
National Business Center
- GovPay Electronic Payment System
GovPay is the electronic invoicing system online for all vendors who have received contract awards from GovWorks on behalf of the Federal government customer.
Fish and Wildlife Service
- Links for Small Business and Other Entities
General Compliance Guidance--If you are a small business or other small entity affected by FWS policies and programs, this Web page will link you to information to help you comply with FWS policies, ask questions, or voice your concerns.
- Nonretaliation Against Small Entities
Fish and Wildlife Service policy on the treatment of small entities that comment on our activities.
- Fish and Wildlife Import-Export Permit Issuing Offices
Fish and Wildlife Service Law Enforcement, issued permits and Regional FWS Permit Office addresses.
- National Conservation Training Center
Courses on Conservation, Grantwriting, Conservation Partnerships, Developing and Working with Friends Groups, and Other Topics
Minerals Management Service
- MMS Outreach with Individual Indian Mineral Owners
MMS continues its various forms of outreach with individual Indian mineral owners. The outreach is designed to resolve their royalty-related problems and to let them know how to contact us. These meetings enable us to listen to their concerns and suggestions for royalty accounting improvements, answer questions, identify and resolve mineral-related problems in partnership with BIA, BLM, and the Office of Special Trustee. Our goal is to enhance our trust responsibility and foster a positive working relationship with the Indian community.
- MRM Federal Register Publications & Information
Regulations governing collecting, accounting for and distributing revenues associated with mineral production from leased federal and Indian lands
- Minerals Management Service : Small Refiner Program
"Dear Operator" letters and notices to lessees.
- Payment Instructions for Indian Leases
Instructions for FEDWIRE deposit system payments.
National Park Service
- National Park Service Concessions : Concession Structural Fire Program
Guide for concessionaires to adhere to NPS and federal fire safety compliance and procedures.
- National Park Service Concessions : Leasing
Guide for concessionaires to secure and manage a lease with a national park.
- National Park Service Concessions : Finance
Guide to provide concessionaires with direction of financial aspects of NPS concession programs.
- Concession Environmental Management
Guide to maintaining environmental compliance and management in national parks.
- Oil and Gas Operations Management
Operator's Handbook for Nonfederal Oil and Gas Development in units of the National Park System
- Environmental Management
Environmental management guidance for businesses conducting construction projects on one or more of the nation's national parks.
- Mining Operations Management
National Park Service and Federal regulations governing mining claims.
Office of Surface Mining
- OSM Web Site Index
A complete listing of Office of Surface Mining web site information.
- Tools and Quick Links
Links to tools and resources for regulated businesses.
- Doing Business with the Office of Surface Mining
Links to information and people when selling products or services to the Office of Surface Mining.
- Copies of OSM Forms
An index of standardized forms for SMCRA compliance and assistance
- Blasting Download Page
An index of technical information and training on blasting.
- Office of Surface Mining Western Region Guidance Documents
An index of OSM Western Region SMCRA guidance documents.
- Reclamation Bonds for Coal Mining Operations
An index of links to bonding and related information available from the Office of Surface Mining.
- Surface Mining Law : Blasting and Explosives Guidance
An index to blasting and explosives information related to implementation of the Surface Mining Law.
- Office of Surface Mining - Applicant/Violator System Office
An index of applicant/violator system information.
- Office of Surface Mining Small Operator Information
An index of assistance to obtain technical data needed for permit applications available to qualified small mine operators.
- Office of Surface Mining Flyers
An index of flyers available from the Office of Surface Mining.
- Coal Reclamation Fee Report
Detailed information on Electronic Filing of Coal Reclamation Fee Report, OSM-1.
Bureau of Reclamation
- Reclamation Reform Act of 1982
Provides the relevant statute and regulations pertaining to the Reclamation Reform Act (RRA). Includes RRA fact sheets, forms, and instructions, are available for download.