You are here
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Here you will find contacts and resources that help small businesses businesses comply with EPA regulations.
Contact the following individual to get help complying with EPA regulations:
Joan B. Rogers
EPA Asbestos and Small Business Ombudsman
Compliance Resources - By Office
The following agencies and offices provide compliance resources for small businesses:
- Office of Air and Radiation
- Office of Pesticide Programs
- Office of Water
- Office of Wastewater Management
- Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
Resources By Industry
- Retail Industry Portal
Provides compliance and sustainability resources for retail businesses to help meet regulatory obligations and reduce environmental impacts, this includes freight transportation, waste management, product selection, facility management and construction of new facilities.
Office of Air and Radiation
- Ozone Depletion: Recordkeeping and Reporting
This Web site provides the record keeping and reporting forms for producers, importers and exporters of class I and class II ozone depleting substances.
- Highway Motorcycle Compliance
Road motorcycle air pollutiion compliance
- Fleet Assessment
Voluntary diesel retrofit program
- Partnerships: Freight Carriers Shippers
SmartWay Transport Partners: improve fuel efficiency and that improves the bottom line; reduce their environmental footprint-- and that earns the respect of customers; reduce energy consumption and that improves national security; demonstrate corporate citizenship and that earns distinction and recognition.
- National Clean Diesel Campaign: Compliance Help
On this Web page, you will find information to assist the regulated community in complying with the 2007 Highway Diesel Rule and the Nonroad Diesel Rule
- Nonroad Diesel Equipment
Provides background information on air pollution from nonroad engines and EPA actions to address nonroad diesel emissions.
- Tier 2 Compliance Help
Tier 2 Vehicle and Gasoline Sulfur Program
- Laws We Use: Defining EPA's Radiation Protection Responsibilities
This Web site provides general summaries of laws governing the management of radioactive materials and links to the laws and related regulations.
- The Phaseout of Methyl Bromide
This Web site provides information on the phaseout of Methyl Bromide and allowable exemptions.
- Rad NESHAPs
These pages give access to scientific information about radiation, radioactivity, and radiation protection. Also, it provides information about national emission standards for radon emissions.
- Radiation Risk Assessment
This Website proivdes information that will help those working with the Federal government in conducting radiation risk assessments.
- Radiation - Federal Guidance
This site provides information for businesses working with the Federal government in conducting risk assessments.
- Technologically Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials
This Web site provides information on Technologically Enhanced, Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (TENORM). TENORM is produced when activities such as uranium mining, or sewage sludge treatment, concentrate or expose naturally occurring radioactive materials that occur naturally in ores, soils, water, or other natural materials.
- Radiation Visitors' Center
These pages give access to scientific information about radiation, radioactivity, and radiation protection.
- Radiation - Mixed Waste
This site provides information for businesses working with the Federal government in conducting risk assessments.
Office of Pesticide Programs
- Pollution Prevention Laws and Policy
General information about the Pollution Prevention Act and pollution prevention mandates in Federal statutes
- Community Assistance, Pollution Prevention
Resources to assist communities re pollution prevention
- Perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA) and Fluorinated Telomers
General information about EPA's potential regulatory and voluntary programs pertaining to perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and fluorinated telomers
- Current list of chemical substances subject to TSCA section 12(b) export notification requirements
Chemical substances subject to TSCA section 12(b) export notification requirements, 40 CFR part 707, subpart D
- Chemical Information Collection and Data Development (Testing) TSCA sec. 4 Federal Register notices
Links to Federal Register notices regarding EPA's chemical testing program
- High Production Volume (HPV) Challenge Program Federal Register Notices
Links to Federal Register notices regarding EPA's high production volume (HPV) chemicals challenge program
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) laws and regulations
General information about laws and regulations pertaining to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Guidance for submitters of premanufacture notifications (PMNs)
General guidance for submitters of premanufacture notifications (PMNs) under EPA's TSCA New Chemicals Program
- TSCA New Chemicals Program Consent Orders and Significant New Use Rules (SNURS)
General information about consent orders and significant new use rules (SNURS) under EPA's TSCA New Chemicals Program
- TSCA New Chemicals Program Policies
General information about regulatory policies under EPA's TSCA New Chemicals Program
- Microbial Products of Biotechnology: Final Rule
General information about Microbial Products of Biotechnology, Final Regulation under TSCA, 62 FR 17910, April 11, 1997; 40 CFR part 725
- Persistent, Bioaccumulative, and Toxic (PBT) Chemicals Rules
Information about final rules lowering toxics release inventory threshold levels for certain persistent bioaccumulative toxic chemicals
- Asbestos ban and phase out
General information about the asbestos ban and phase out rule (40 CFR 763 Subpart I, Sec. 762.160 - 763.179)
Office of Water
- Safe Drinking Water Act Home
this is the main page for the Safe Drinking Water Act's Regulations and Guidance Pages
- Drinking Water State Revolving Fund
Describes the drinking water state revolving fund that is available for small drinking wtater systems to apply for financial assistance.
- Shallow Injection Well (Class V)
Compliance information for owners and operators of Class V Injection Wells. Site identifies well types and give information on compliance.
Office of Wastewater Management
- Wastewater Education Materials
Provides information about wastewater documents. (www.epa.gov/npdes/wastewatermonth)
- Where You Live
Provides contacts, links, and NPDES permit program authorization status for your state. (www.epa.gov/npdes/whereyoulive)
- Stormwater Discharge From Industrial Facilities
Provides information about stormwater discharges from industrial activities.
Provides information on the Stormwater Program. (www.epa.gov/npdes/stormwater)
Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance
- Water Topics
The Ag Center presents agriculture topics related to water.
- Pesticide Topics
The Ag Center presents agriculture and pesticide related topics.
- Site and Equipment Management Topics
The Ag Center presents site and equipment maintenance topics as they relate to agriculture.
- Air Topics
The Ag Center presents agriculture topics related to air and climate.
The Ag Center presents agriculture information related to waste.
- Profile of the Metal Fabrication Industry
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Metal Fabrication Industry.
- Profile of the Transportation Equipment Cleaning Industry
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Transportation Equipment Cleaning Industry.
- Profile of the Water Transportation Industry (Shipping and Barging)
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Water Transportation Industry (Shipping and Barging).
- Profile of the Textiles Industry
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Textiles Industry.
- Profile of the Shipbuilding and Repair Industry
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Shipbuilding and Repair Industry.
- Profile of the Pulp and Paper Industry, 2nd Edition
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Pulp and Paper Industry.
- Profile of the Plastic Resins and Man-made Fibers Industry
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Plastic Resins and Man-made Fibers Industry.
- Profile of the Healthcare Industry - Including Hospitals, Physicians Offices, Dental Offices, Nursing Homes, etc.
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Healthcare Industry.
- Profile of the Ground Transportation Industry - Railroad, Trucking and Pipeline
This sector notebook provides the profile of the Ground Transportation Industry - Railroad, Trucking, and Pipeline.
- Profile of the Electronics and Computer Industry
This sector notebook provides the profile of the electronics and computer industry.
- Profile of the Dry Cleaning Industry
This sector notebook provides the profile of the dry cleaning industry.
- Profile of the Air Transportation Industry
This document contains information specific to the air transportation industry sector. The document provides a holistic approach by integrating processes, applicable regulations and other relevant environment information.
- Profile of the Aerospace Industry
The Profile of the Aerospace Industry provides a multimedia summary of the industrial process, surrounding the aerospace industry.
- Food Processing Sector Environmental Compliance Assistance Tool
The purpose of this on-line tool is to provide quick access to: applicable regulations, state agencies that provide assistance and enforce environmental rules, and resources that can help achieve environmental compliance. Use the pulldown or the sensitive map at this Website to find links to food processing sector environmental compliance assistance resources on state websites. You will find general information, regulations and links to relevant state agencies.
- Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center
For information on the environment and printing, The Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC) is the premier website. It is an excellent source of information for printers, regulators, or anyone seeking information on printing and the environment. We feature fact sheets, case studies, vendors and suppliers,conferences, training, compliance information, industry contacts, and e-mail discussion groups.
- Paint and Coatings Resource Center
Provides regulatory compliance and pollution prevention information to organic coating facilities.
- Printed Wiring Board Resource Center
Provides regulatory compliance and pollution prevention information to printed wiring board manufacturers.
- National Metal Finishing Resource Center
Provides comprehensive environmental compliance and technical assistance to the metal finishing industry.
- Healthcare Environmental Resource Center
A comprehensive first-stop for compliance and pollution prevention information, explaining applicable environmental regulations in plain language adn providing convenient links to state-specific information.
- Environmental Compliance for Automotive Recyclers
Provides plain language explanations of environmental regulations affecting automotive recyclers.
CCAR-GreenLink offers environmental compliance assistance and information to automotive repair and service businesses.
- Industrial Storm Water Resource Locator
This resource is designed to help industrial companies in various sectors know about and comply with the storm water rules in their area.
- Stormwater Resource Locator
Helps companies in the construction industry know about and comply with the storm water rules in their area.