Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) SGA Commits to Success
Stone Group Architects (SGA), headquartered in Sioux Falls, SD, offers architectural, interior design, and planning services for clients nationwide. As a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), the company culture revolves around a commitment to faith, family, country, and community. Enthusiasm for that commitment starts with President and CEO Todd Stone, a U.S. Army Veteran, which radiates through the entire staff. Stone Group Architects performs design and project management services for the construction of various facility types, including government, healthcare, civic, administrative/office, historic preservation, education, commercial, wellness, private developers, and others. Over 50 percent of their work is with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and the U.S. Air Force. Stone Group’s common-sense approach helps to make the best use of their clients’ resources while delivering high-performing, creative architectural solutions. Stone Group Architects is well-known for being an ethical firm that makes the building process easy because they listen to understand clients’ needs and what is important to them.
As a small business, SGA understands the competitive challenges and the importance of utilizing SDVOSB and VOSB consultants and suppliers. When selecting design team members for these projects, Stone Group Architects purposefully includes other Veteran-owned firms which share the same level of service and commitment. Every day, each person is dedicated to positively impacting people and places. In 2015, Todd Stone participated in the SBA Emerging Leaders cohort and was able to keep his business operations continuing and employees paid by utilizing the SBA Paycheck Protection Program during COVID-19.
SGA has realized growth by living up to its founding principles and has achieved over 80 percent repeat business. Regional and local awards include the 2023 SBA SD Veteran Small Business Owner of the Year, AIA North Central States Emerging Professional-Friendly Firm, Excellence in Construction Award Siouxland Expo Center and Copper Flats Historical Renovation and Sioux Falls Mayors Award for Historic Preservation. Todd Stone and the company are very involved in community service. Some projects include:
•Tiny Homes for Veterans - Stone Group Architects is working with a non-profit to help end Veteran homelessness and is donating to the Veterans Community Project to help build a tiny-house village in northwest Sioux Falls. Pledge of $30,000 over three years.
- Warriors Never Give Up – money, time & resources. Todd currently serves as the Board of Directors President for this volunteer non-profit organization that offers outdoor adventures for previously deployed or service-connected disabled veterans. The group is dedicated to reducing the number of Veteran suicides each year. They strive to provide a place of relaxation and a break from life’s daily struggles for participating veterans.
- SDSU Scholarship – Stone Group Architects Scholarship in Honor of Warren Lee Stone, $13,125 pledged over five years, 2022-2026
- SDSU Ward B. Whitwam Memorial Scholarship in Design – one-time pledge of $5,000 in 2021
- Sponsorships - St Joseph’s Robotics Sponsor, Brandon Valley Hockey Association, Brandon Valley
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Institute of Architects
- Warriors Never Give Up; Board President
- Knights of Columbus • Leadership Sioux Falls Graduate - Class #28
- Downtown Sioux Falls Rotary Club
- SBA Emerging Leaders, 2015 Graduate
- Siouxland Chamber of Commerce
- Brandon Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Brandon Valley Ministerial Association – Prayer Breakfast Sponsor