SBA's 68 District Offices celebrate their entrepreneurs with local District Office Awards. Nominees will compete for the District Office Award(s) within an SBA District Office. Nominees must demonstrate success in business as well as contributions to their local communities. General guidelines for all District Offices are listed below. Specific criteria for each District Office award is listed alongside their submission links.
Who is eligible to be nominated for this award?
Nominees for this award must meet both of the following eligibility requirements:
Any legal resident of the United States or its Territories who owns and operates or who bears principal responsibility for operating a small business may be nominated. Partners who jointly own and operate a small business may be nominated as a “team,” so long as the number of individuals in the team nomination does not exceed four (4).
Who is NOT eligible to be nominated for this award?
- Individuals or teams who own or operate a business defined as “other than small” (i.e., large businesses) for its primary industry under the applicable SBA size standards or
- Individuals or firms who are currently suspended or debarred by the Federal government.
Who may submit nominations for this award?
- Individuals or organizations dedicated to the support of the small business community in the United States such as trade and professional associations and business organizations, may submit nominations.
- Individuals may self-nominate.
How to apply
What information must the nomination package contain?
Nominations must contain the information below. Incomplete nomination packages will not be considered.
- A completed SBA Form 3300, Award Nominee Background form. For “team” nominations, a background form is required for each team member;
- A completed Authorization, Grant & Release of Materials form. For “team” nominations, a release form is required for each team member.
- A completed SBA Form 3315, District Office nomination form.
- An original 8 in. x 10 in. or 5 in. x 7 in. photo of the nominee or a digital photo – at least 300 dpi is required; photocopies are not acceptable. For “team” nominations, a photo of each nominee or group photo is acceptable; and
- Additional supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including news clips, letters of recommendation, nomination letter (if not self-nominated), and other evidence of the appropriateness of the nomination. Supporting documentation may not exceed 10 pages. Videos will not be considered.
Where are the nominations to be sent?
All nominations must be submitted electronically to the upload link for the District Office where the nominee is located. Nominations should be scanned and submitted as one full document. Photo should be submitted as a separate attachment.
When is the deadline for nominations?
Nominations must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. ET on December 7, 2023.
How are winners selected?
What are the evaluation/selection criteria?
In evaluating the nomination packages, the judges will look at the following criteria:
- Business’ staying power, growth in employees, increase in sales, improved financial position, and innovativeness of product or service offered;
- Contributions to community— evidence of the use of his/her personal time and resources to contribute to its community; and
- Additional criteria to be determined by the individual District Office.
What are the selection procedures?
The District Office Award will be selected by the appropriate District Director based on, but not restricted to, the recommendations of the panel of judges of federal or non-federal employees.
Local award categories and submission links
|District||Local Award Categories||Submission Link|
|District of Columbia||
|Northern Mariana Islands|
|Puerto Rico & U.S. Virgin Islands|
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.